Search engine optimization is essential to ranking in the top search results and driving traffic to your website. But without a good SEO marketing plan, effective search engine optimization can be difficult to execute.
When creating a SEO marketing plan for your business, consider these five tips.
1. Define your strategy. Planning out your SEO strategy should be your first step when creating an SEO marketing plan. If you don't already have a strategy laid out, start basic and make adjustments after you have the chance to see how it's working.
2. Use a variety of keywords. Short-tail keywords are great, but long-tail keywords shouldn't be overlooked. As long-tail and mobile searches are becoming more common, you should take into consideration the intent of the user when choosing keywords. By using a keyword tool or partnering with an SEO company that will assist with your keyword strategy, you can be sure you are targeting the right keywords and the right audience.
3. Use SEO and paid search together. SEO and PPC are often pitted against each other, making business owners and marketers feel the need to choose between the two. However, search engine optimization works best when used in conjunction with paid marketing.
There are many benefits of using SEO and PPC together, but one of the biggest is the ability to use the data from each to inform the other. For example, if a PPC keyword is performing well, you can use that keyword for a piece of SEO content and vice versa.
4. Create and optimize content. Regularly creating and posting quality, engaging content is a crucial part of any successful SEO marketing plan. According to popular digital marketing strategist Jeff Bullas, providing your readers with high-quality information will help you build a trusted brand around your website and improve your search engine rankings.
5. Choose the right partner. Creating your own SEO marketing plan can be beneficial, but partnering with SEO experts can take your marketing efforts to the next level. When looking for an SEO focused partner, it is important to find one that:
If you're ready to boost your trajectory and increase your organic search rankings, contact Demand Signals today. We'll assist you with creating an SEO marketing plan that works for you and your business.
Erin Lewellen, Chief Operating Officer Global Citizen Year
We are on page one of google for "gap year travel program" and I couldn't be happier. All other searches are up significantly and the results are truly stunning...from page 20 something to page one...wow.