Organic search marketing is a great way to improve your Google search rankings and drive traffic to your website. But what is organic search, and how can it benefit your business?
Let's take a look at what optimize and organic search mean, as well as the top organic search optimization tips to improve your search performance on Google.
Organic search marketing is another term for search engine optimization, and it is the process of driving traffic to your website with "organic" or "free" search results. Search engine optimization is a key component to successful marketing campaigns, as it helps pull in prospects and boost conversions.
Marketing Tech Blog offers 14 tips for improving your organic search performance on Google. Here are seven of our favorites to keep in mind:
1. Define a keyword list. Keywords are essential to creating good content, so you'll want to make sure the keywords you write on are relevant to your brand and have a good amount of search volume.
2. Write good content. A keyword is only as good as the content you write for it. Google rewards content that is high-quality, not stuffed with keywords. Content should answer your readers questions and provide them with a solution to their problems quickly and effectively.
3. Optimize your titles. Did you know that Google considers titles to be the second-most important on-page SEO element? Your title tags should be under 70 characters (ideally 50-60) and include relevant keywords.
4. Write compelling meta descriptions. Along with the title, your page's meta description plays a big role in getting a searcher to click on your page. Your meta should be under 150 characters and include your target keyword(s).
5. Track visits and leads. You can't really benefit from your SEO efforts unless you track the impact they are having on your web site traffic and lead generation. In order you build an effective organic search marketing campaign, you need to be able to see what is working at what isn't. Google Analytics is a great tool for tracking and measuring traffic and interactions that are direct results of your SEO efforts.
6. Use a link-building strategy. Links, both internal and external, are extremely important when it comes to ranking on Google. By creating great content that people want to share, you are already contributing to your link-building strategy. But your strategy should also include guest blogging and asking Webmasters from authoritative sites to link to your pages. As for internal links, you should use relevant keywords as anchor text. Google uses this to determine whether your pages are relevant for those terms.
7. Make your site mobile-friendly. Making sure your website is mobile-friendly not only benefits your customers, but also benefits your search rankings. Recently, Google announced a mobile-friendly ranking algorithm that will impact how your site performs in the search results.
While organic search marketing is an affordable way to generate leads and boost ROI, it isn't always easy. Demand Signals, an organic search marketing company, can help you identify target keywords, create compelling content and optimize your pages using industry best practices.
Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you build a successful organic search marketing campaign using predictive keywords, targeted search volume and SEO best practices.
Erin Lewellen, Chief Operating Officer Global Citizen Year
We are on page one of google for "gap year travel program" and I couldn't be happier. All other searches are up significantly and the results are truly stunning...from page 20 something to page one...wow.