In the world of SEO marketing, your on-page optimization defines how your website pages perform in organic SERPs. Quality optimization means more customers and increased ROI through better search results. This on-page SEO checklist will help you reach superior search engine ranking through a few practical tips.
It's important to continue developing on-page SEO strategies that adapt as new technology develops and new trends emerge for web-based and mobile content.
Follow these checklists and keep up with the most recent digital marketing best practices for on-page SEO, general setup and keyword generation.
- Create unique title tags by using your keywords. Limit tag length to 60 characters or less.
- Create a meta description using keywords and a call-to-action. Limit meta description length to 155 characters or less.
- Your permalink (URL) structure should include your keywords and keyword variations in your URL. Use absolute URLs as opposed to relative URLs.
- Use heading tags to separate sections of a page. Include an H1 (first heading) tag that features your keyword. Make sure H2, H3 and H4 tags follow afterwards.
- Aim your on-page content length for somewhere between 300-1000 words. Stay focused on one central topic.
- Vary your keywords with synonyms and related search terms throughout your content.
- Use descriptive image files with ALT tags and filenames that include keywords before uploading. Use synonyms and keywords in image descriptions, but do so within practical reason.
- Used relevant sources for external links, and do not link to competitor sites.
- Use an SEO Audit Tool to check on content once it is live
General Website Setup Checklist
- Install Google Analytics tracking
- Install WordPress SEO by Yoast or related plugin, if using WordPress CMS
- Install Pingdom’s Speed Test Tool
- Verify the site in Google Search Console (formerly Google Webmaster Tool)
- (Optional) Verify in Bing Webmaster Tools
- Link Google Webmaster Tools to Google Analytics
- Analyze competitor link profiles using tools such as ahrefs or Link Diagnosis
- Create a robots.txt file to upload to your site’s root directory
- Claim your business/website username on major networks such as Facebook and Twitter. Check out this list to make sure you claim all of your brand usage across major networks.
- Create a sitemap.xml file and submit it to Google via Google Search Console
- Check for duplicate content
- Check site speed with Google PageSpeed Tools
- Make sure your site is mobile friendly for multiple browsers with BrowserStack
- Check for missing titles
- Use Browseo to identify technical issues
- Use Screaming Frog to find broken links, errors and web crawler issues
- For reporting, reate a spreadsheet to track metrics every month by Total Unique Visitors, Visitor-to-Lead Conversion Rate and Lead-to-Customer Conversion Rate
- Use Google Keyword Planner
- List your products and services and generate related keywords and phrases
- Browse searches related to your keywords
- Narrow down your list with a competition tool
- Choose your target keywords
Once your on-page optimization is set up, you can use this guide to create better content and build links.
Optimize Your Content With SEO Professionals
At Demand Signals, we offer machine learning with a human touch. Our expert consultants and revolutionary Navigator software help customers create growth and make search deterministic, while simplifying the process for you. We offer content creation, SEO consulting, and conversion rate optimization for some of the biggest industry names worldwide. Contact us today for a complete checklist of on-page signals for search optimization.
Moz: https: //moz.com/beginners-guide-to-content-marketing/content-creation
Moz: https: //moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seo/growing-popularity-and-links