The importance of SEO cannot be overstated or underestimated. Online search engines have long replaced phone books as the go-to resource for consumers. If customers aren’t finding your business online, their dollars are not finding your bank account.
Some business owners hold firm that word of mouth is the best form of advertising. This is no doubt true, but at it’s core, isn’t that exactly what SEO is?
Here are just some reasons why SEO is important for any business.
1. The way businesses search for products and services has changed. Seventy-one percent of B2B researchers begin with just a generic web search.
2. Your competition is invested in it. SEO is a competitive landscape as businesses jockey for exposure. If you’re not actively engaging in optimizing your website for search rankings, your competitors are being seen and you aren’t.
3. It’s not going anywhere but up. SEO is not just the latest fad that will wash out anytime soon. It will only become even more sophisticated and entrenched in our everyday lives.
4. There’s no substitute. Of all clicks resulting from an internet search, 85% are of the organic variety. Organic traffic has a longer lifespan than PPC, and an exponential ROI.
5. It boosts image and branding. Even if your SEO efforts don’t lead to a direct conversion, it builds your visibility and establishes a foothold in the marketplace for your brand — things that can lead to conversions down the road.
6. It can be your best salesman. SEO is a salesperson that works 24 hours a day without ever showing up late or calling in sick. Organic leads are 8.5x more likely to close a deal than an outbound sales effort.
There’s no debate about it. In today’s business landscape, SEO is a critical marketing strategy that can't be ignored. At Demand Signals, we have the tools to build an effective SEO campaign using deterministic keywords, targeted search volume and SEO best practices. SEO is important to our clients and our clients are important to us. Contact us today to get started.
Think With Google: https://www.thinkwithgoogle.com/articles/the-changing-face-b2b-marketing.htm
Search Engine Journal: https://www.searchenginejournal.com/24-eye-popping-seo-statistics/42665/
Erin Lewellen, Chief Operating Officer Global Citizen Year
We are on page one of google for "gap year travel program" and I couldn't be happier. All other searches are up significantly and the results are truly stunning...from page 20 something to page one...wow.