Google popularity graphs give businesses insight on tracking a keyword's search volume over time, studying trending topics, and providing a more thorough understanding of your customers' search habits. It's through these insights where your business can develop a successful SEO strategy using these popularity graphs (also known as Google Trends).
Understanding Google Trends
When writing SEO content, there are several things to consider.
- What question is the article trying to answer?
- What are some relevant keywords to that topic?
- Which of those keywords are people searching for the most?
Google Trends is a tool that can help you answer all of these questions and provide much needed insight into which keywords (and related keywords) you should target in your content.
When fully utilized, Trends can also help you:
- Understand your competitors
- Find authoritative sites to link to
- Identify regions with high interest in your topic
- Monitor your brand
- Better understand seasonal search volume spikes and why they happen
Types of Trends
There are several types of search trends, and understanding the differences between them can help you write content that is engaging, up-to-date and likely to rank.
- Keyword Trends. As an SEO marketer, one of your most important tasks is to understand what kind of language your target audience uses to search for information online. Google Trends allows you to enter up to five keywords at one time to see how popular each term is so that you can target the most popular keyword for that subject.
- Seasonal Trends. This is an essential tool for publishing topical content that is likely to engage your target audience during a specific time. For instance, an urgent care may want to publish articles about sore throats during the winter months because the search volume for that keyword will likely be higher in winter, when more people are searching for information about cold symptoms and treatments. This seasonal trends example illustrates what we mean — see how the keyword interest for Sore Throat spikes around December? This tells us that Sore Throat content should be published and promoted during that time for best visibility.
- Regional Trends. The more you understand your target audience, the better received your content will be. Regional trends help prevent you from making broad assumptions about a large audience and gain a comparative review of trends across several states or locations.
- Rising Trends. Google Trends will categorize keywords as they grow. This way, you can see growth over a period of time and create content that is hyper-relevant and one step ahead of the next hot trend.
Other Aspects of Search Engine Optimization
While keyword research is a key player in SEO content creation, there are several other SEO components that you should familiarize yourself with before writing copy for the web, including:
Demand Signals offers comprehensive search solutions that can help your website gain traffic and increase conversions.
How We Do it:
- Technology. Our Navigator technology uses predictive data science to identify and win your most valuable keyword opportunities
- SEO experts. Our team of SEO consultants and analysts improve your organic search visibility through data driven consultation.
- Content creation services. Content is still king, and it is nearly impossible for a page to rank if the right keywords are not targeted and the piece is not thoughtfully written. Our team of analysts, writers and editors use Google popularity graphs as important insights to help ensure we craft world-class content that is optimized for the web.
Demand Signals unites revolutionary software and expert consultants to help customers create growth and make search deterministic. Contact us today to learn more!